Code of Conduct
Bristol Youth Soccer Association (BYSA) prides itself on upholding the principles of sportsmanship and fair play amongst players, coaches, officials and spectators. As a result BYSA has established this Code of Conduct.
This Code shall govern the actions of players, coaches and spectators. The Code is intended to provide behavioral guidance and to establish clear expectations for all involved. It shall be the responsibility of ALL to maintain high standards of sportsmanship and appropriate conduct for themselves.
Abusive, confrontational and inappropriate language or behavior detrimental to any individual, before, during or after a game is both unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
It shall be the obligation of ALL program participants, spectators and volunteers to comply with the terms and provisions of the Code of Conduct.
Any individual violating the Code shall be subject to administrative action by the BYSA Executive Board which may include termination of his/her privilege to participate in, or attend, any or all BYSA sponsored activities.
· I will not force my child to participate in soccer.
· I will remember that my child participates in soccer to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
· I will inform the coach of any physical disabilities or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
· I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, referees, assistant referees and spectators at every game and practice.
· I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any referee, assistant referee, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
· I will not encourage any behavior or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the players, coaching staff or officials.
· I will teach my child to play by the laws of the game and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence
Bristol Youth Soccer Association Code of Conduct
· I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, referees, assistant referees, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
· I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
· I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
· I will respect the referees, assistant referees, and their authority during games, will never question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed time and place.
· I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
· I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices unless I am one of the official team coaches.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include but is not limited to the following:
Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by Bristol Youth Soccer Association.
Verbal warning by the head coach, official or any BYSA Board Member.
Written warning issued by the President of BYSA.
Parental season suspension.
Player Name & Team _____________________________________________________
We the undersigned have read the BYSA parental code of conduct and agree to abide by its provisions.
SIGNATURES OF BOTH PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE REQUIRED:
Name Signature Date
Name Signature Date